Ohio Judicial CenterColumbus, OH

Loading image...
Loading image...

COMPLETION DATE: 2002 COST: $17.6 M

Anchoring the downtown skyline and fronting the river, the former Ohio Departments Building's exterior restoration began with the complete removal of the crumbling 4” thick stone veneer and deteriorated support system. A complex steel frame support system was designed to safely anchor the new façade. Great care was taken to exactly match the marble, which came from the same quarry in Georgia as the original stone in 1933. 

The plazas were completely disassembled, including the marble fountains and sidewalks, and new plumbing, drainage, waterproofing and foundations were constructed so that the plazas and fountains could be rebuilt to match the original layout and operation. All 800 windows were replaced, and polished decorative bronze work once again graces the façade, making this circa 1933 building look new and ensure that this building will survive for many generations to come.